Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Knee history

I hope if you are reading this blog you will find it full of information. I feel like I've become a knee expert in the last 15 years. Here's my knee history:

~ 1999 arthroscopic knee surgery to repair a torn medial meniscus
~ 2002 arthroscopic knee surgery to repair more torn medial meniscus
~ 2009 arthroscopic knee surgery to clean up scar tissue and much more.
More information about what was done in the 3rd knee scope to come.
~ 2011 ACI cartilage graft, High tibial osteotomy, meniscal transplant


I'm 28 years old, I should not be laying in a hospital bed in my bedroom because of my knee! Yes, I'm a little bitter that I've been dealt this card. I mean, I have kids, a husband a house... All of them and more rely on me. Instead of taking my kids to the pool, going to the water parks, riding bikes, BBQing in the back yard... The list goes on and on... I'm stuck in my room hooked up to the CPM machine and watching House Hunters on HGTV! Bottom line...it sucks! But it's all for the best. Hopefully, I'll be as good as new by the end of summer.

My next post will be about the actual procedure and the days after surgery.







- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment